How to accept Bitcoin: Shopify Bitcoin extension2 min read
We’ve developed an extension so that all Shopify merchants can enjoy our latest service with a simple, easy-to-use integration. Integrating OpenNode and accepting Bitcoin in your shop takes just a few steps:
Installing OpenNode as a Shopify Bitcoin Extension
- Go to Shopify’s integration section on your dashboard
- Select your store and click, “Install payment provider”
- Next, click “Choose alternative payment” and select OpenNode.
- On the next page, fill in your OpenNode account information and click, “Save”.
What are the benefits of accepting Bitcoin for my store?
- OpenNode charges a flat 1% for all incoming Bitcoin transactions. Our low fees mean that you increase your profit margin on each item sold with Bitcoin.
- Eliminate chargeback fraud. Instant Bitcoin transactions eliminate chargeback fraud from your business. Businesses on average lose 0.47% of their total revenue per year to chargeback fraud1.
- Bitcoin is a global currency. No other currency works the way Bitcoin does. Expand your business into any country when you accept Bitcoin at your store.
- Settle your Bitcoin in fiat. With OpenNode instant exchange, accept Bitcoin and settle it in the currency of your choice, instantly at the time of transaction.
- Market your business as tech-focused. Bitcoin is an excellent way to show your customers and the world that your business is looking to the future.
- Attract new customers. Diversify your audience by attracting Bitcoin users as customers.
Now that you’ve set up your Shopify account, we’d like to welcome you to the world of instant Bitcoin payments! Stay tuned for new updates on our blog by following us on Twitter. If you need any help with set-up or exploring our features, you can reach us at our live chatbox at OpenNode.com, email us at email@example.com, or check out our help center for the step-by-step instructions for adding our Shopify Bitcoin Extension.
We can’t wait to see how your business grows with Bitcoin and Lightning!